Figure 5 - CompuPay's HR Lite package offers HR functionality to payroll clients.
A major strength of this package is its interface with Peachtree by Sage. CompuPay announced an agreement to provide outsourced payroll to Sage Software in August 2008, and CompuPay has developed a very simple import interface into Peachtree to facilitate this relationship. Besides providing full-service payroll support for Peachtree, CompuPay provides outsourced payroll services to Sage customers using Sage Abra, Accpac ERP, Sage Businessworks Accounting, Sage MAS90 ERP, and Sage MAS200 ERP. The company also provides interface options for QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Intacct, and many other systems.
Figure 6 - CompuPay Payroll Online allows customization of the order in which fields are entered.
Key Features include:
• Strong features, may be too complex for some non-accountant users.
• Supports very complex needs, including unlimited direct deposit accounts, two years of online W-2's, importing data from most any source (CSV format) by ID number or social security number.
• Offer up to five custom fields.
• No templating of new employees, but conversion of employees is possible by populating a spreadsheet provided by Compupay.
• Reporting is done online and can be exported to PDF, Excel, or text format.
• Supports complex problems like payroll taxes for employees who work in multiple states, labor allocation by job and by % to different categories.
Figure 7 - Data entry in the customized CompuPay Grid
• Supports importing workers comp codes with payroll information.
• Support is 7A-7P Monday-Friday.
• Electronic filing of payroll taxes is supported in all jurisdictions and the
• Support is provided for uploading into almost any data format for export to
• Do not offer HSA/HRA's or timekeeping systems at this time.
• Add-ons include:
• Employee HR function (HR lite). Tracks reviews, stores documents securely
• Power 401(k), a full benefits services portal which allows employees to change elections, etc.
• Advanced reporting, which includes accruals for sick and vacation time, 401(k) files for administration, labor distribution reporting, online portals, and a report writer.
• Human resources reporting, management self-service, job costing, and certified payroll are available for a fee.
• Comprehensive tax outsourcing (OnePay) is available, which includes drafting payments from the employers’ accounts, filing tax returns, and tracking of confirmation numbers.
• Pay Agent services include handling garnishment remittance and reporting. (Standard service tracks, but does not remit the payments)
Figure 8 - CompuPay Payroll Online Home Page
Last modified on Sunday, 02 June 2013