WebPay really shines in its ability to be customized to meet the needs of individual customers. While this means the application necessarily requires more setup and training than simplified offerings like Intuit Online Payroll, it also means that once configured, Paylocity can meet needs in diverse areas such as human resources, regulatory compliance (e.g. OSHA, HIPAA, etc.). The service includes a web-based report writer for custom reporting needs, and multiple levels which allows users to see the assigned names of custom fields instead of the database names (e.g. "Spouse" instead of "Custom4"). Users can assign up to 40 custom fields to assist them in managing specialized information.
The Human Resources functions support HR document management, exports to over 40 different 401(k) plan providers, and supports export to providers of almost any imaginable benefit plan. Web portals are created for each employee, and custom content such as benefits forms, etc. can be populated on the portal in addition to paystubs and Forms W-2.
WebPay is sold using a direct sales model through a field sales force, and is a great fit for mid-sized and large organizations that need extensive integration with internal and external systems, as well as sophisticated reporting and human resources content.
Figure 15 - A WebPay custom portal for a sample client.
• Strong HR Functionality, very full featured. HR system supports batch update of all employees at a future date, document management, and storage of scanned documents.
• Advanced HR functions include OSHA information tracking, annual review reminders, tracking of internal and external candidates for a position, etc.
• Strong features, may be too complex for some non-accountant users.
• Very comprehensive offering
• Offer secure interface with 45 separate 401(k) providers, and others are possible based on using a standard format.
• Works with QuickBooks as well as systems which will accept a CSV-formatted journal entry to record payroll such as Dynamics GP. QuickBooks online is not supported.
Figure 16 - The Time Entry Grid in WebPay by Paylocity
• Role-based security with advanced features such as marking fields for encryption for HIPAA compliance.
• HR functionality allows for advanced features such as maintenance of an employee directory.
• Support up to 40 add-on custom fields, including customization of input fields, placement on a new "tab" in the employee view, etc.
• Will allocate labor to departments based on percentages and support job costing entries.
• Add-ons available include? Two different time and attendance systems
• Two different time and attendance systems
• Outsourced tax filing
• Direct deposit, check printing, and envelope sealing.
• Export to almost any service provider (e.g. 401(k), HSA/HRA, Health Insurance, Flexible Spending, etc.)