ADP offers additional benefits (many of which are free) to accountants through their Accountant portal, http://accountant.adp.com. This portal provides accountants with access to content from CCH and BNA such as the US Master Tax Guide and certain BNA portfolios, as well as some online CPE.
Companies can access a wide array of ancillary services, including benefit plan administration, check printing and stuffing, outsourced payroll tax remittance and filing, and pay cards. Should a company outgrow Run, ADP offers seamless upgrade for the client to their products for larger businesses.
Key features include:
• Exports data to QuickBooks + generic output (CSV), so data can be imported into QuickBooks, Peachtree, and many other systems, although departmental reporting and classes are not supported.
• Reports can be prepared online, printed by the client, or exported to Excel.
• Easy to use, backed by ADP.
• Supports all 50 states with printed/signed paper forms. Electronic filing and payment are available for Federal and California. Tax forms are calculated by ADP in all states with the exception of Pennsylvania and Vermont. Local income taxes are calculated in 4,000 different jurisdictions.
• One feature which distinguishes Run from other payroll services is the ability to automatically populate tax forms from Run in Adobe Acrobat Reader and have all of the fields recalculate based on revisions made in Acrobat.
Figure 17 - Run by ADP allows accountants to see a listing of all of their clients on one screen.
• Complex payroll calculations (e.g. union payroll) not supported.
• Support is available 8:30A-8:30P Monday through Friday.
• Monthly fee includes direct deposit
• Multiple locations are supported, but state tax support is not available in for workers who have work sites in multiple states.
• Wholesale accounts are customized with the logo of the referring firm.
• Add-on Services available to customers include:
• Background checks
• Pay cards
• Outsourced tax service (including electronic remittance and outsourced filing)
• Check printing/stuffing and paper reporting.
Last modified on Sunday, 02 June 2013
Figure 18 - Client Company Home Page in Run by ADP.