Key features include:
• Strong features Tax calculations support employees who work in multiple states.
• Role-based security is available, with multiple access levels.
• Employee portal is available (My Payday) which allows printing of paystubs, W-2's, etc. The most recent check is also available in an electronic file cabinet. Administrators can enable self-service features such as having an employee update their home address and e-mail.
• Reports can be printed to paper or PDF, and can also be exported to Excel and rich text format. Custom reporting is currently not supported, but data can be exported to Excel and manipulated manually.
• The product is truly a web-based application sold as a service. There is no client software or other code to download or install. Payroll can be processed using a browser on any computer from an iPhone all the way up to a workstation.
Figure 19 - SurePayroll offers "How To" guides for common small business human resource tasks.
• Certain complex payroll calculations are supported, but the most complex will require calculation separately and input into the system.
• Support distributing labor expenses to numerous accounts and profit centers.
• Easy to use, but not as easy as Intuit Online Payroll or ADP Run.
• All SurePayroll customers have SurePayroll do all tax filings, remittances.
• Strong features, but the interface seems to be very easy to use despite the ability to solve complex problems.
• Plan to support departments and profit centers by end of 2009.
• Import of time information currently not supported, but expected to be released in the near future.
Figure 20 - Despite its strong feature set, SurePayroll appears surprisingly easy to use.
• Available add-on features include:
• SureAdvisor, a bundled HR offering
• Offer hundreds of common business and HR forms through their business forms library.
• Required poster service for printing the posters required in all 50 states.
• How-to Guides for HR and business issues.
• Sure401(k), a retirement plan administration service.
• SurePayroll Insurance offers group health insurance plans to employers in certain states.
• Pay as you Go Workers' Compensation through four companies.
• Background checks and other human resource services