Answers to these questions – and much more – will be answered by industry experts and your peers at this year’s Avalara CRUSH DC conference, the premier event for transaction tax professionals. Join more than 800 key decision makers and influencers for “The Future of Tax Compliance,” May 9-11, 2018, at the JW Marriott Washington, D.C.
Client sales tax audits is just one topic that will be covered during the three days of knowledge sharing for accountants, CFOs, finance teams and other tax specialists. We’ll help you master tax compliance trends through more than 100 multi-level CPE-eligible sessions, learning labs with one-on-one training and technical demonstrations led by the best minds in the tax industry. And, because it’s the largest tax compliance conference around, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to network with accounting peers, industry thought leaders, clients and prospects.
Session topic categories on the CRUSH agenda include:
• Sales and Use Tax
• Excise Tax
• Global Tax
• Tax Document Management
• Legislative Updates
Attendees also have the option of choosing from more than nine different session tracks that will dive into future trends, industry changes and anticipated developments that affect the tax compliance field:
• Certificate Management
• Excise Tax/Returns
• Sales and Use Tax/Returns
In addition to expert panels from Avalara’s internal indirect tax experts, Stefan Hyttfors, acclaimed futurist focused on disruptive technologies, will present a keynote address on global trends in commerce and technology affecting the world of transactional tax. You’ll also be joining some of the best names in tax, including Carolyn Kranz, ISTS; Andrew Johnson, Peisner Johnson; Monika Miles, Miles Consulting; Judy Vorndran, TaxOps; Diane Yetter, Yetter Tax Consulting; and Dan Thompson, Thompson Tax & Associates.
Networking opportunities abound as well. Take a look at what’s in store:
• Our Technology Showcase is a great time to visit with sponsors, learn more about their products and services, and observe free demonstrations. You also could win great prizes, such as an iPad, iWatch, GoPro, gift cards and more, by getting your “passport” stamped by all Technology Showcase sponsors for drawings.
• We’ll kick off the conference with a dinner on Wednesday, May 9, at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. Your roundtrip transportation, unique live entertainment, food and beverages, and unlimited networking are all included.
• Ride a double decker tour bus on Thursday, May 10, to the Wharf and network along the way with industry peers, executives and Avalarians. We’ll provide the buses, monument tour and the cocktails.
• Later that evening, the remarkable mile-long stretch along the Potomac River will come to life with its many restaurants, retailers, residents and businesses. You’ll be there to take it all in with included transportation, surprise live entertainment, food and beverages, and even more networking possibilities.
• We’re also featuring five add-on activities, including golf, a National Cathedral tour, private U.S. Capitol collection tour, city Segway tour and Georgetown foodie experience.
So, why wait? Reserve your spot by registering for the conference.
Can’t make it to the conference? You can still enjoy some of the same high quality educational content through the CRUSH Digital Edition, our free webinar series. CRUSH Digital Edition gives accounting professionals access to some of the same expert content available at this year’s premier live event for transaction tax professionals, CRUSH DC.
The series is running now, and will lead up to webinars presented by high profile speakers on two days of CRUSH DC, May 10 and 11. Join one of our many webinars presented by industry experts and earn free CPE credit for each webinar. Register here for the CRUSH Digital Edition.
“Our customers and partners are our greatest source of information and inspiration,” said Scott McFarlane, CEO of Avalara. “Avalara CRUSH conferences and webinars are built to help our guests master tax compliance, but our team always comes away with more energy and ideas than we could have hoped for each year. At this year’s conference, we’re looking forward to more connections, more thought leadership and more fun – all at the epicenter of U.S. tax policy, Washington D.C.”