The AICPA also changed the selection process for the 21st anniversary of the list. Issues were chosen by members of the Information Technology Committee and what were referred to as select CPAs.
The number 2 selection was connectivity, wireless access and high-speed Internet connections and voice and data
The other issues in the Top Ten list were as follows:
3. Backup solutions/ disaster recovery/ business continuity
4. Secure electronic collaboration with clients – client portals.
5. Paperless workflow/ paperless technology/ electronic workpapers
6. Laptop security / encryption
7. Small business software / Office 2010 / Windows 7
8. User mobility/ mobile computing/ mobile devices
9.Tax software/ electronic transmittals of tax forms/ modern e-file
10. Server virtualization and consolidation